9 responses

1. daedalus2u
    June 23, 2008

There might be another way to attack this. Autism Speaks is trying to (fraudulently) portray that they are the voice of autism and the voice of everyone with autism. To suppress the speech of autistic individuals who are merely stating that Autism Speaks does not speak for them is to perpetuate their fraudulent message.

A way to approach this might be to put together a class action lawsuit against Autism Speaks for fraudulently claiming to speak for all individuals with autism and require that they put a disclaimer on their website and all printed materials that Autism Speaks does not speak for all people with autism.

If Autism Speaks can put up a case for $90,000 damages in the case that abfh discussed, then surely each autistic individual who has had their voice stolen by Autism Speaks has lost something. It is only fair that Autism Speaks compensate them.

2. jude
    June 23, 2008

I’m wondering why this sound familiar… Oh right, because I had my website taken down by scientologists. Does autism speaks really want anonymous after them, as well?

3. ASDSFM
    June 23, 2008

I wonder what they think of my new blog and domain name?

autismspeaksdoesntspeakforme.org

When I looked myautismspeaks.com, .org, .net and similar domains were still available. the_autismspeaks.org might be a good one to buy…

Also, blogger seems to support free speech to an extreme degree so blogs with names like autismspeaksstinks.blogspot.com might be something people would want to create.

I think people could start up Zazzle shops and put in similar t-shirt designs like Zach’s. It would take them a whle to find a few dozen or a few hundred similar designs in Zazzle or cafepress.

4. jonathan
    June 25, 2008

I talked to someone at autism speaks and they claim they never sent any notice to Zazzle, that Zazzle felt the young man was violating their terms of services and unilaterally decided to pull his ads. There is not a shred of credible evidence that autism speaks is involved in this, just a letter that the young man with the t shirt company alleges that zazzle wrote him.

5. codeman38
    June 27, 2008

jonathan: As it turns out, you were in fact correct. I have updated the post accordingly; sorry it was so late, but I did want to get the full story from Zazzle before I made any further potentially inaccurate accusations.

6. jonathan
    June 29, 2008

well yes, thanks for the retraction and apology, also kudos to Zach for doing the same. I am still waiting for Amanda Baggs and the autism bitch from hell and others who made these grondless accusations to do the same. I am also waiting for Alex Plank to admit he made the error of running this on the front page of wrong planet and to make some sort of retraction.

7. Anonymous Gamer
    July 15, 2010

I doubt that Amanda Baggs will ever recant. She’s too deep in her psychogenic autism to do anything ‘against’ an Autistic.

8. codeman38
    July 15, 2010

@Anonymous Gamer: A shame you couldn’t do the research, because Amanda did retract the statement on her blog. Next!

9. Personalized Mugs
    December 4, 2010

i have a brother that is autistic and we love him so much and gave all of our support on him ~;;